Welcome to the home of the Fort Defiance Alumni Association!
Since its opening in 1962, thousands of students have walked the halls of the Fort. Some were jocks while others were artists, some were outgoing while others were loners; some wore skirts while others wore boots – and quite a few wore both! But each of us has contributed to the fabric of FDHS, and in turn, the community that it serves.
The Fort Defiance High School Alumni Association has created this website to tell the history of the school and its alumni: of state titles won, national leadership positions held, fine arts accomplishments, and fondest memories from your Fort days. We’re also interested in what each of our alumni have been up to since graduation, both as a means of catching up with long-lost friends and as a way to encourage and mentor current and future students.
The website is divided into five main areas:
- Indian Academics – provides information on the history of a wide variety of academic and fine arts histories, as well as notable student recognitions.
- Indian Athletics – houses pages for each team that has won District, Regional, and State titles, as well as provides information about individual state titlists, athletic awards, and the FDHS Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Class Pages – includes a page for every graduating class that provides information about class officers and Senior Superlatives, a class directory, reunion information, and that year’s pop culture.
- Alumni Directory – every alumni (as well as faculty/staff) is encouraged to develop their own personal profile page where they can reminisce about their time at the Fort and let everyone know what they’ve been up to in the real world.
- Indian Memoriam – a page for our classmates that have sadly passed away